Ok…we’re not getting an actual facelift, but we are re-branding the company. A brand name, logo, and identity is a company’s public face. And I take faces very seriously.
I believe the key to living well is taking care of yourself both inside and outside.You must eat a clean diet AND feed your skin nutrients. A successful company re-brand is very similar. On the inside, we are refreshing our goals, messaging and culture. On the outside, it’s more than just adding pretty pictures to our public Instagram page. It’s building meaningful experiences with you, our customers.
To that end, my “business bestie” Mason and I have been working hard to clearly define our vision, mission, and brand promise. The first result of that labor was the need to change our name from FATFACE to FATCO.We want to nourish more than your face. We want to provide you with a “COmplete” set of healthy, personal care products.
We also adopted five brand pillars that come directly from our product experience:
• Real Food for Your Skin: Your skin is your largest organ, and we believe in feeding it well, just like the rest of your body. “Food” is the foundation for our brand, even though you’re not consuming it digestively.
• Fat Is Your Friend: We use tallow (beef fat) to craft simple, nourishing skincare products. Animal fat allows your skin to stay hydrated and pH-balanced. It’s a primal, yet sophisticated approach to cleaning and moisturizing your body.
• Oil Cleans Better Than Soap: Using oil to clean an oily face sounds counterintuitive, right? But we specialize in this kind of thing — our all-natural cleansing method is formulated to balance your skin. You’ll wash away all of the icky, dirty oil on your face and replace it with clean, healthy oil.
• Paleo – More than the Caveman Diet: We’ve worked hard to earn a certification from the Paleo Foundation because we believe paleo is more than just a passing diet craze; it’s a movement to help humans go back to eating and living a clean, unprocessed lifestyle.
• Nose-to-Tail Ethical: We’re a cruelty-free brand for both humans and animals (duh!). We reverently use every part of our beloved cows, down to the bones and fat, to help humans live happier, healthier lives. We also support organizations like the Farm-To-Consumer Legal Defense Fund, which protects consumer access to raw, nutrient-dense foods.
I’ve never been involved in a project like this one. What you’ll see is beautiful, but even better, it’s a reflection of who we are as a company, as a brand, and as a community. I passionately believe in our brand pillars and invite you to join our journey.
I look forward to hearing your feedback in the comments below or meeting you in-person at Expo West.